Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peer Review

Although I did not attend class for the peer review due to illness I will still write a post on what Hye Su and I discussed in our meeting and the peer review I've experienced in the past.

When any peer has reviewed papers in the past they always find mistake that I commonly overlook, sections of the paper that need more explanation or revisions and new ideas that I had not thought of. Hye Su did this same process with my paper. She highlighted what the important parts of the paper should be and how I should emphasize those ideas. From this I learned what my argument should steer toward and what I should elaborate less upon.

When the tables are turned and I review someone else's paper I naturally find the same things other find in my papers. I find the easy fix mistakes and try to think of new ways to elaborate on the topic their paper deals with. In turn this process helps me with my own paper. When review someone's I usually get new ideas about sentence and paragraph structure, then I will incorporate these ideas into my own paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment